|@OpenBooksBlog on Instagram|
2. Prequel:: The Hunger Games Suzanne Collins // If you have never had the thought: 'What led to
this? What led to the creation of Panem and The Hunger Games' whilst reading The Hunger Games, then I suggest you turn off your computer/smartphone/tablet and go pick up a copy of The Hunger Games because you did something wrong. How did this happen? How did society end up like this? We are all dying to know.
Stephenie, I get it! It's super terrible and super frustrating and those people are assholes but please for the sake of all of us readers who are dying to know, finish the story. Please, I promise I personally will buy multiple copies and come to book signings and tours and buy Midnight Sun T-Shirts.
Holy crow, I'm going to get a Midnight Sun T-Shirt made and see where the real Twilight fans are. *maniacal laughter*
4. Sequel:: The Wolves of Mercy Falls Maggie Stiefvater //
If this is your first time with my blog, welcome.
You may or may not have figured out that I have a woman crush on Maggie Stiefvater. She has badass cars, draws insanely well, and writes her prose like a boss, plus she is the female role model we all need in our lives. But... and I am hesitant, wtf happened to Sam and Grace? Where did they go? I read Sinner, and maybe I am misremembering but I feel like that was just about Sam and Isabel and their issues with no real resolution on the wolf story.... Do they still live on the peninsula? Did they all die? WHHHHAAATTT Happeeenenned????
5. Gregor The Overlander Suzanne Collins // You may or may not know that Suzanne Collins wrote for the TV show Little Bear before she became the author of The Hunger Games, but what you might not know is that she wrote a series for grade schoolers called Gregor the Overlander. It's an awesome series and you should check it out if you haven't already. At the end of the series we are pretty much left hanging from the edge of a cliff with one pinky finger. There's no real resolution and I know (from reading numerous reviews) that other fans were disappointed in the ending as well.
7. Prequel:: The Selection Kiera Cass // And speaking of, as with The Hunger Games I would also like to know a little more of the back story for The Selection. We get some pretty good information on the subject throughout The Selection, The Elite, and The One, but we don't really get into the nitty gritty of everything that happened.
8.Prequel:: Divergent Veronica Roth // AGAIN, we get into the back story quite a bit, but what I want to know is how did the world get this sucky, what were the events from the pre apocalyptic world that led to this moment?
|My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares on +TheOpenBooksBlog|
|Eleanor & Park on @OpenBooksBlog on Instagram|
10. Sequel:: Eleanor and Park Rainbow Rowell // This is another book where we are just left, we don't have a clue to what happens! Do they get back together? Do they get married? Do they meet in New York 20 years later and have one last night together? What happens to them??? Rowell... if you are reading this, seriously, we need to know!
And that's it folks! So what do you think?
Are there any of these sequels in the works? Any you would add?
Let me know in the comments or you can find me on all social media @openbooksblog
Goodbye and Thanks for All the Fish!